We had our first youth group on Thursday and it went really well. We had pizza and just hung out with the older youth group that was started last year. We had 9 kids come which we felt really good about for our first night. We spoke at the masses this weekend which was a lot of fun. Mass is incredibly short here in Ireland. Daily mass is usually about 20 minutes and Sunday mass is at most 45 minutes. The speed at which everything is done at mass is something our team is still getting used to. We have definitely been made welcome at the parishes here in Delvin. We attend daily mass at the church about 10 minutes outside Delvin in a place called Killulagh (Kih-luh-lah...it sounds kind of like the alcohol with an extra l). It is a beautiful little church out in the country dedicated to St. Livinus (I have no idea who he is). They also have a weekend mass out there that we attended the morning in addition to the 2 masses in Delvin at Our Lady of the Assumption. Our Lady of the Assumption is currently being renovated but the renovations are almost done and the church is looking really nice (I'll post pictures of both churches when I remember my camera).
My team so far is getting along quite well. A little about my team. Marie is 19 and is from Alberta Canada. She plays piano, loves blue and purple and is always there for a random dance party or to share a chocolate bar. Becca is also 19 and is also from Alberta Canada. Becca is usually the quite one on the team but she loves adventures and is always down to go explore the world. Tim is my co-leader. Is the third Canadian on the team and is 20 as of Friday. Tim did NET in Australia last year and was going to go back for this year but God had other ideas and now he's here with us. He is great with directions which is great because I am consistently getting us lost and Tim is able fix all my car wanderings. Ben is the other American with me. He's from Yacuma Washington. Ben just graduated high school and at the end of this year will be the only teenager left on our team at 18. (Side Note: It was great when Tim turned 20 because I'm no longer the only one who is not teenager on my team.) Anyways, Ben is a great photographer and has taken some wonderful pictures of our team so far which is a great gift since I am constently forgetting to bring mine on team excursions. He is also a great cook which is wonderful!!!
| Exploring Delvin looking like tourists! |
So, I think you are all now quite caught up on my life now. I am definitely happy and excited for the year ahead. I know I am where God wants me but I definitely miss all of you back home reading this. Know that I love you all and am praying for you everyday. May God bless you all and keep you safe until I can see you all again.
P.S. I have a new address!!
15 Cois Caislean
Athboy Road
Delvin
Co. Westmeath
Ireland
No comments:
Post a Comment