A year ago I embarked on what I thought was the greatest adventure of my life. Maybe it was but I think there are many more adventures ahead of me. See, if you haven't read my previous blog posts let me fill you in a little bit about myself. Last August I left the comfort of my home town Laramie, Wyoming to head to Ireland for a year to serve as a Catholic missionary with a group called NET Ministries. NET stands for National Evangelization Teams and is a ministry that began in Minnesota over 30 years and has spread to Australia, Canada, Uganda and Ireland since. The mission of NET is to challenge young Catholics to love Christ and embrace the life of the Church. NET gathers young people ages 18-30 from all over the world to spend nine months traveling around spreading the good news of the gospel. So, this is what I traveled to Ireland to do and it was amazing!
This blog was born from that adventure. I wanted to have a way for others to share in the craziest adventure of my life to date. I was sort of hit or miss with posting but am hopeful that this blog in some way allowed others to share in my adventure. Now that I am back I have embarked on yet another adventure, even if it wasn't the one I expected.
See, since I've been home I've come to realize that living your dreams isn't always about doing crazy outrageous things living your dreams is about doing things you love and sharing them with people you care about. I still have crazy dreams that I want to pursue but I also know Living a Dream is a choice we make everyday. I heard a quote from a friend this weekend that goes something like this, "You don't live a life, you choose one." I am choosing a life and pursuing my dreams everyday. So, now I want to share my new dreams with anyone who wants to share in them. I don't know what God has in store for my life but through this blog I hope to share some insights and adventures from my own life and hopefully will inspire others to think about their dreams and pursue them with abandon.
No comments:
Post a Comment